Thursday 2 July 2009

To Add Insult To Injury!!

Afternoon...

So... still slighty beside self about last nights trauma... sitting staring at me all morning, looking all depressed and broken... I deside to research my available avenues... Not many I may add...

I called my service provider and spoke to a service rep who we shall call Nick...

Me: Oh, Hello, I appear to have broken my iPhone screen...

Nick: And?

Me: Well I want to know what I can do to get it fixed...

Nick: Insurance?

Me: Well I don't have any (I know, silly me) but I was wondering if there is like emergency insurance I can take out in the case of Accidental Damage?

Nick: No...

Me: Well what can I do then?

Nick: Take it to your nearest Apple Store and they will charge you to fix it

Me: Is that my only option?

Nick: Yes!

Me: Well thanks for your help.. Bye

Nick:.....................<>
**Beep Beep Beep** Phone call ends.

The next option is crying to my parents to buy me a new one or pay for the replacement... it didn't work... not impressed! :-(

And my final option is... buy a DIY screen off eBay for £20 and my friend G will fit it for me, he's done it to his own iPhone and says he'd be happy to do it for me...

I think it's gonna be the third option... Cheap and effective! lol

Lesson of the Story: Don't be so cheap and pay the £6 insurance when contract ends!!!